NETHERLANDS: Ahold appoints Harry Bruijniks to President & CEO of operations in Thailand
The Corporate Executive Board of Royal Ahold, the international food provider, has appointed Harry Bruijniks President & CEO of its operations in Thailand, effective October 18, 2000.Bruijniks, currently Executive Vice President European Sourcing, has spearheaded the Ahold supermarket operations in The Netherlands for many years as a member of the Albert Heijn Executive Board, responsible for Buying and Merchandising. Albert Heijn is the largest Dutch supermarket chain with almost 700 stores and sales of Euro approximately Euro 5.5 billion.In his new position, Bruijniks will further grow the TOPS supermarket operations in Thailand. Together with Country Managers Noel Trinder (Malaysia) and Johan Boeijenga (Indonesia), Bruijniks will also lead Ahold's pan-Asian support group.Bruijniks succeeds Tom den Hertog who last week was appointed President &CEO of Bompreço, the wholly-owned Ahold supermarket and hypermarket company in Brazil.In Thailand, Ahold operates over 40 stores with sales of almost Euro 300 million. In the Asia Pacific region, Ahold has operations in Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia with sales of approximately Euro 420 million and over 90 stores that operate under the popular TOPS format. Worldwide, Ahold operates over 7,000 supermarkets, hypermarkets and other store formats with sales approaching Euro 50 billion. Ahold employs more than 350,000 people and services the food needs of over 30 million customers every week.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review