NETHERLANDS: Ahold appoints new chief internal audit officer
Retailer Ahold has announced that it has appointed Joop Brakenhoff as chief internal audit officer.
Currently Ahold's vice president internal control, Brakenhoff transfers to his new role today (Monday). He will focus on finetuning the company's internal controls and central reporting lines. The internal audit function will continue to have a dual reporting line to both Anders Moberg, president and CEO, and the audit committee of Ahold's supervisory board.
Brakenhoff started his career at Ahold on 1 June 2002, as VP internal audit europe and was promoted to VP accounting in February 2004. In February 2005, he shouldered the additional responsibility of setting up the internal control unit of Ahold's accounting & reporting department.
Prior to joining Ahold, Brakenhoff worked at KPMG for nine years in various management positions before joining the Heerema Group in 1994 and the Burg Group two years later as group controller and statutory financial director.
Brakenhoff succeeds Thijs Smit, whose decision to pursue other interests towards the end of the year was announced on 17 June 2005.
"With his solid background in Ahold's accounting, reporting and audit disciplines, we are delighted to promote Joop into this key position as our internal audit process moves to the next level," said Anders Moberg. "We are also very pleased to have been able to appoint a successor to Thijs from within our ranks. Our management development program is operating at full swing and we wish Joop every success in his new challenge."
Dutch retailer Ahold has announced the completion of the sale of its chain of 198 Wilson Farms and Sugarcreek convenience stores, part of its US subsidiary Tops Markets....
Dutch retailer Ahold has announced that Kerry Underhill has been appointed senior vice president corporate communications, effective 1 July 2005....
Dutch retailer Ahold has reported sales and operating income little changed in the first quarter of 2005, but net income was sharply down because of a one time gain in the first quarter last year....
Dutch retailer Ahold has announced today (Tuesday) that its chief financial officer Hannu Ryöppönen is to leave the company....
Danish based dairy company Arla Foods is opening a new representative office in Hungary....
Dutch retailer Ahold today (Wednesday) announced that it had signed a new €2bn (US$2.5bn) credit facility with a syndicate of fifteen banks. ...
Dutch retail giant Ahold has said its net sales declined 1.0% to €13.0bn (US$16.5bn) for the first quarter of 2005....
Supermarket company Giant Food, a subsidiary of Dutch retailer Royal Ahold's US arm Ahold USA, has announced restructuring plans for the remainder of 2005 and 2006....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review