NETHERLANDS/MALAYSIA: Ahold becomes full owner of TOPS supermarkets in Malaysia
Royal Ahold (NYSE: AHO), the international food provider, today announced it has become 100% owner of the TOPS supermarkets in Malaysia. Ahold already owned over 65% of the joint venture company RA-PPB (TOPS) Retail Sdn Bhd in Malaysia, the sole owner of the supermarkets. Its local partner, PPB Group Bhd, has held the other shares since 1996 when the company was established.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs