NETHERLANDS/MALAYSIA: Ahold becomes full owner of TOPS supermarkets in Malaysia
Royal Ahold (NYSE: AHO), the international food provider, today announced it has become 100% owner of the TOPS supermarkets in Malaysia. Ahold already owned over 65% of the joint venture company RA-PPB (TOPS) Retail Sdn Bhd in Malaysia, the sole owner of the supermarkets. Its local partner, PPB Group Bhd, has held the other shares since 1996 when the company was established.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail