US: Ahold begins US shops revamp
Dutch retail giant Ahold has begun the revamp of its Stop & Shop and Giant-Landover stores in the US.
A new logo and new-look stores, to be launched tomorrow (22 August), are all part of the company's "value improvement programme", a wider overhaul underway at its stores in the US.
In addition to the new look and logo, the stores are rolling out a new prepared foods assortment, an expanded private-label offering, updated store signage and décor, new shopping technology and customer websites.
"Today's announcement is a further stop in Ahold's global strategy to create powerful local consumer brands," said John Rishton, Ahold CEO.
"These new initiatives are an important part of the Value Improvement Programme underway at Stop & Shop and Giant-Landover."
In normal times, a trip to Florida would be something to savour. But, as we are constantly told, these are anything but normal times. This week, hundreds of senior US food industry executives and Wall...
At first glance, a portfolio centred on probiotic yoghurts and bottled water may not be the best recipe for success in a recession. However, a booming baby food business could ensure Danone's rides ou...
US retailer Wal-Mart Stores said it has plans to revamp its private-label Great Value line of food in late March, according to reports....
This week, Florida played host to the leading food manufacturers in the US as the likes of Kraft Foods, Kellogg and General Mills revealed how they see the outlook for the industry in 2009. There are ...
JM Smucker, the US food group behind brands from Crisco cooking oils to Jif peanut butter, has insisted its products can withstand growing consumer demand for private-label lines....
Kraft Foods chairman and CEO Irene Rosenfeld today (17 February) insisted that its rivals are being more affected by the rise in demand for private-label products in the US....
Numico, the baby food and clinical nutrition business, will help French food giant Danone withstand the economic downturn, a leading industry analyst said today (11 February)....
Foreign retail chains in the Slovak Republic will continue to drive growth in the market this year, with both Tesco and Ahold planning new store openings despite the current economic crisis....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review