POLAND: Ahold completes sale of 12 hypermarkets to Carrefour
Closing of the transaction, which was announced on 15 November 2004, was subject to the fulfilment of various conditions, including antitrust approval.
This divestment is part of Ahold's strategy to optimise its portfolio and strengthen its financial position by reducing debt.
Later this year, Ahold expects to divest its 13th and only remaining large Hypernova hypermarket in Poland.
Ahold will focus its Polish activities on further development of its two other store formats: the supermarket and compact-hypermarket. Ahold Polska currently operates 170 supermarkets under the Albert banner and 13 compact-hypers that trade under the Hypernova name.
Buying power is often used by supermarkets to negotiate with their suppliers to get lower prices. These savings can then be passed onto the consumer in terms of price cuts and promotions. But do consu...
Dutch retailer Ahold today (Wednesday) announced that it had signed a new €2bn (US$2.5bn) credit facility with a syndicate of fifteen banks. ...
French retailer, Carrefour via its operating company, Magnificient Diagraph Sdn Bhd has signed a partnership agreement with Syarikat Pesaka Antah Sdn Bhd, reports the Malaysian news agency Bernama....
Dutch retail giant Ahold has said its net sales declined 1.0% to €13.0bn (US$16.5bn) for the first quarter of 2005....
Luc Vandevelde, supervisory board chairman of French supermarket Carrefour is 'determined' not to let the company become a takeover target, according to the news agency AFX....
Food and grocery think-tank the Institute of Grocery Distribution has identified give retailers around the world who are "punching above their weight by offering something different than just competit...
The Turkish subsidiary of French supermarket Carrefour has announced plans to take control of retailers Gima and Endi....
Supermarket company Giant Food, a subsidiary of Dutch retailer Royal Ahold's US arm Ahold USA, has announced restructuring plans for the remainder of 2005 and 2006....
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Freedom Foods Group nears M&A in Oz, North America
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020