NETHERLANDS/USA: Ahold declines to comment on report it is to sell US Foodservice
Dutch retail giant Ahold has declined to comment on a report that it is planning to sell all or part of its US Foodservice unit.
Ahold wants to sell all or part of the US food distribution unit as part of a strategy to reduce debt and regain credibility with investors, reported the Financial Times, citing people familiar with the situation.
Ahold said it did not comment on "rumour and speculation".
Ahold admitted earlier this year that accounting irregularities at US Foodservice had led to a $500m overstatement of earnings, a revelation that led to the resignation of Ahold's CEO and CFO. The figure was later increased to around $900m.
Dutch retailer Ahold has announced the completion of the sale of its chain of 198 Wilson Farms and Sugarcreek convenience stores, part of its US subsidiary Tops Markets....
Dutch retailer Ahold has announced that Kerry Underhill has been appointed senior vice president corporate communications, effective 1 July 2005....
Dutch retailer Ahold has reported sales and operating income little changed in the first quarter of 2005, but net income was sharply down because of a one time gain in the first quarter last year....
Dutch retailer Ahold has announced today (Tuesday) that its chief financial officer Hannu Ryöppönen is to leave the company....
Danish based dairy company Arla Foods is opening a new representative office in Hungary....
Dutch retailer Ahold today (Wednesday) announced that it had signed a new €2bn (US$2.5bn) credit facility with a syndicate of fifteen banks. ...
Dutch retail giant Ahold has said its net sales declined 1.0% to €13.0bn (US$16.5bn) for the first quarter of 2005....
Supermarket company Giant Food, a subsidiary of Dutch retailer Royal Ahold's US arm Ahold USA, has announced restructuring plans for the remainder of 2005 and 2006....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016