NETHERLANDS: Ahold Forms Partnership With US Internet Grocer Peapod
Royal Ahold, the international food provider and Peapod, Inc. today jointly announced that they have entered into definitive agreements creating a mutually-beneficial partnership. Under the agreements, Peapod will continue as a stand-alone company. Ahold will supply Peapod with goods, services and fast pick fulfillment centers. Ahold will initially invest approximately USD 73 million in a newly issued series of convertible preferred Peapod stock at a price of $3.75 per share, representing on a converted basis, 51% of Peapod's outstanding common stock.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund