NETHERLANDS: Ahold - getting a hold on Scandinavia - COMMENT (Members)
Ahold has announced a joint venture with Denmark's Dansk Supermarked. Many thought that Ahold already had a firm enough footing in Scandinavia, following its joint venture and subsequent merger with the region's leading grocery retailer ICA. But its new joint venture raises the stakes of the game once again. If others, especially the smaller players, are going to defend against this threat, they will need to act quickly.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid