MALAYSIA/NETHERLANDS: Ahold in talks to sell Tops supermarkets - report
Troubled Dutch retail giant Royal Ahold is in talks with Hong Kong retailer Dairy Farm International over the sale of Ahold's Tops supermarket chain in Malaysia, according to a report in Business Times Asia. Ahold, which is at the centre of an accounting scandal, is seeking to sell non-core and underperforming operations in order to cut its €12.4bn (US$13.3bn) debt, reported Dow Jones International News.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw