MALAYSIA/NETHERLANDS: Ahold in talks to sell Tops supermarkets - report
Troubled Dutch retail giant Royal Ahold is in talks with Hong Kong retailer Dairy Farm International over the sale of Ahold's Tops supermarket chain in Malaysia, according to a report in Business Times Asia. Ahold, which is at the centre of an accounting scandal, is seeking to sell non-core and underperforming operations in order to cut its €12.4bn (US$13.3bn) debt, reported Dow Jones International News.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter