MALAYSIA/NETHERLANDS: Ahold in talks to sell Tops supermarkets - report
Troubled Dutch retail giant Royal Ahold is in talks with Hong Kong retailer Dairy Farm International over the sale of Ahold's Tops supermarket chain in Malaysia, according to a report in Business Times Asia. Ahold, which is at the centre of an accounting scandal, is seeking to sell non-core and underperforming operations in order to cut its €12.4bn (US$13.3bn) debt, reported Dow Jones International News.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti