SPAIN: Ahold in talks with potential buyers of Spanish stores
Dutch retail giant Ahold has reportedly made a shortlist of potential buyers for its Spanish operations.
Ahold spokesman Walter Samuels told Dow Jones Newswires that the company has received a lot of interest in the operations and is in talks with a small group of buyers.
Samuels' comments came after a Spanish newspaper report that Ahold had narrowed its shortlist to three potential buyers.
Ahold's Spanish unit operates 628 stores, under banners including Superdiplo and Supersol.
Dutch retailer Ahold has announced the completion of the sale of its chain of 198 Wilson Farms and Sugarcreek convenience stores, part of its US subsidiary Tops Markets....
Dutch retailer Ahold has announced that Kerry Underhill has been appointed senior vice president corporate communications, effective 1 July 2005....
Dutch retailer Ahold has reported sales and operating income little changed in the first quarter of 2005, but net income was sharply down because of a one time gain in the first quarter last year....
Dutch retailer Ahold has announced today (Tuesday) that its chief financial officer Hannu Ryöppönen is to leave the company....
Danish based dairy company Arla Foods is opening a new representative office in Hungary....
Dutch retailer Ahold today (Wednesday) announced that it had signed a new €2bn (US$2.5bn) credit facility with a syndicate of fifteen banks. ...
Dutch retail giant Ahold has said its net sales declined 1.0% to €13.0bn (US$16.5bn) for the first quarter of 2005....
Supermarket company Giant Food, a subsidiary of Dutch retailer Royal Ahold's US arm Ahold USA, has announced restructuring plans for the remainder of 2005 and 2006....
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery