NETHERLANDS/USA: Ahold may have known in 2001 about US problems - report
Troubled Dutch retailer Royal Ahold may have known about problems in the accounts of its US Foodservice unit as early as 2001, it has been reported. A senior finance officer at US Foodservice brought the potential accounts problems to the attention of the Dutch headquarters of Ahold in 2001, reported the Financial Times, citing an anonymous former Ahold executive.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- US targets increased organic production