NETHERLANDS/USA: Ahold may have known in 2001 about US problems - report
Troubled Dutch retailer Royal Ahold may have known about problems in the accounts of its US Foodservice unit as early as 2001, it has been reported. A senior finance officer at US Foodservice brought the potential accounts problems to the attention of the Dutch headquarters of Ahold in 2001, reported the Financial Times, citing an anonymous former Ahold executive.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival