NETHERLANDS/USA: Ahold may have known in 2001 about US problems - report
Troubled Dutch retailer Royal Ahold may have known about problems in the accounts of its US Foodservice unit as early as 2001, it has been reported. A senior finance officer at US Foodservice brought the potential accounts problems to the attention of the Dutch headquarters of Ahold in 2001, reported the Financial Times, citing an anonymous former Ahold executive.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund