NETHERLANDS/USA: Ahold may have known in 2001 about US problems - report
Troubled Dutch retailer Royal Ahold may have known about problems in the accounts of its US Foodservice unit as early as 2001, it has been reported. A senior finance officer at US Foodservice brought the potential accounts problems to the attention of the Dutch headquarters of Ahold in 2001, reported the Financial Times, citing an anonymous former Ahold executive.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast