HORSEMEAT: Ahold, Metro Group pulls horsemeat products
Metro said its Real grocery chain pulled its frozen TiP Lasagna Bolognese from its shelves on Friday (8 February) as a "precaution" after it was notified of concerns by the manufacturer. It has since tested positive to containing horsemeat.
"This measure is a precaution, since there was at no time a health risk to consumers. Nevertheless the product is not enough the quality demands of Real," a spokesperson for Metro told just-food today.
The company said it is working closely with suppliers, supervisory authorities and ministries to take all necessary measures to ensure none of its products contain horsemeat.
Meanwhile, Dutch retailer Ahold has confirmed its Euro Shopper frozen lasagna bolognaise, which was sold at its Albert Heijn stores in the Netherlands and Belgium, contained horsemeat.
"As soon as we learned the results of the investigation, we started a recall of the product," a spokesperson for the group said.
Ahold said the supplier, as named on its packaging, is Tavola, a company linked to Comigel, a French firm at the centre of the scandal.
Findus last week admitted its frozen lasagnes on sale in the UK - made by Comigel - contained up to 100% horsemeat. It has recalled products on sale in the UK, France and Sweden. Retailers across Europe have pulled Findus and Comigel products.
We have identified 5 issues that will be crucial to the convenience store format in 2020....
Following the creation of a joint venture between Findus, Ardo and Borduelle in 2011, Findus began distributing and carrying out all marketing activities of the brands “Frudesa”, “Salto” and “Findus” ...
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- Focus: Can BRF deliver aggressive growth?
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Danone, General Mills, Chobani "mislead parents"
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Wrigley opposes Perfetti Van Melle "WTF" TM
- Dutch confirm second bird flu outbreak
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Dairy Product Production in China
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report