NETHERLANDS: Ahold mulling rights issue to reduce debt - reports
The stock market has been unsettled by reports that Dutch retailer Ahold is planning a €2bn (US$2.2bn) rights issue to reduce its €12bn debt. The Financial Times and Wall Street Journal reported that Ahold was considering a cash call, although Ahold spokesman Walter Samuels dismissed such reports as mere speculation.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- just-food 2017 survey – profits and sales
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth