NETHERLANDS: Ahold opens Geneva fiscal centre to minimise impact of EU tax law changes
Dutch supermarket giant Ahold has opened a new financial centre called Ahold Finance Group Suisse in Geneva, in a bid to preserve its current levels of taxation in light of proposed changes to EU fiscal law. In a statement released yesterday [Wednesday], Ahold said that it "took this step as an international company with an eye to the insecure fiscal situation within the EU".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti