NETHERLANDS: Ahold opens Geneva fiscal centre to minimise impact of EU tax law changes
Dutch supermarket giant Ahold has opened a new financial centre called Ahold Finance Group Suisse in Geneva, in a bid to preserve its current levels of taxation in light of proposed changes to EU fiscal law. In a statement released yesterday [Wednesday], Ahold said that it "took this step as an international company with an eye to the insecure fiscal situation within the EU".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch