NETHERLANDS: Ahold Prices USD 700 Million Yankee Bond
Royal Ahold (NYSE: AHO - news), the international food provider, priced a USD 700 million Yankee Bond, offered by Ahold's wholly owned subsidiary Ahold Finance U.S.A., Inc. The offering, pursuant to Ahold's USD 3 billion shelf registration statement, was priced at 209 basis points over Treasuries, to yield 8.259%. Because of very strong demand, the size of the issue was enlarged from USD 500 million to USD 700 million. The securities will be fully and unconditionally guaranteed by Royal Ahold. The proceeds will be used to refinance existing debt of U.S. Foodservice, acquired by Ahold in April 2000. J.P. Morgan & Co. acted as book runner with Morgan Stanley Dean Witter as joint lead manager.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Hochdorf expands in Africa with Pharmalys buy
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review