NETHERLANDS: Ahold Q3s hit by US slump
Dutch retailer Ahold today [Friday] reported a sluggish set of third quarter sales figures for its core US business. Ahold's US operation accounts for 60% of overall turnover and generated sales down 6.1% to when the positive impact of acquisitions was stripped out. Shares fell this morning as the news emerged, dropping 8.1% by 08.30 GMT, reported Reuters. The company's stock has fallen by 60% this year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife