US: Ahold recalls spinach and artichoke dip
Ahold USA has announced that its Giant Food and Stop and Shop banners are recalling their own-brand frozen spinach and artichoke dip.
The company said that the voluntary recall was initiated after a supplier warned that the product could be contaminated with listeria monocytogenes.
As a consequence, the supermarket group has removed Giant Food Frozen Dip Spinach & Artichoke and Stop & Shop Frozen Dip Spinach & Artichoke from sale.
Europe's food retail industry is set to see the return of mergers and acquisitions, analysts at J.P.Morgan Cazenove said today (12 October) as they started their coverage of the sector....
Ahold, the Dutch retail giant, has insisted it is making "progress" on plans to enter Belgium but has distanced itself from reports the company will open its first store in February....
UK private-label meat packer Hilton Food Group today (14 September) said it was "encouraged" by its performance in the first half of its fiscal year after sales and profits rose....
Dutch grocery retailer Albert Heijn has appointed marketing director Jerome Pietryga as director of marketing and strategy....
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units