BRAZIL/NETHERLANDS: Ahold receives bids for Brazil assets - report
Dutch retailer Ahold has reportedly received bids for its Brazilian assets from each of the three expected suitors. Brazilian retailer Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao, France's Carrefour and US retail titan Wal-Mart all submitted bids for the assets on Friday, which was the last day possible to make a bid, reported Dow Jones International News, citing a supermarkets industry source in Brazil.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China