BRAZIL/NETHERLANDS: Ahold receives bids for Brazil assets - report
Dutch retailer Ahold has reportedly received bids for its Brazilian assets from each of the three expected suitors. Brazilian retailer Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao, France's Carrefour and US retail titan Wal-Mart all submitted bids for the assets on Friday, which was the last day possible to make a bid, reported Dow Jones International News, citing a supermarkets industry source in Brazil.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw