BRAZIL/NETHERLANDS: Ahold receives bids for Brazil assets - report
Dutch retailer Ahold has reportedly received bids for its Brazilian assets from each of the three expected suitors. Brazilian retailer Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao, France's Carrefour and US retail titan Wal-Mart all submitted bids for the assets on Friday, which was the last day possible to make a bid, reported Dow Jones International News, citing a supermarkets industry source in Brazil.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti