NETHERLANDS: Ahold reports 2002 sales rise of 9.2% to €72.7bn
Dutch retail giant Royal Ahold has announced that its 2002 sales rose 9.2% year-on-year to €72.7bn (US$75.6bn). In the fourth quarter, sales totalled €16.9bn, a 0.3% increase compared to the same period in the previous year. Ahold president and CEO Cees van der Hoeven said that 2002 had been a year of increasingly challenging trading conditions. "Sales slowed in the course of the year as a consequence of further deteriorating economic circumstances. However, we are encouraged by the fact that we strengthened our position in most markets. Compared to the third quarter, all regions showed slightly better organic sales growth. As announced on November 19, 2002, Ahold launched a three-year company-wide initiative focused on portfolio rationalization and debt reduction. This initiative is on track and we will comment periodically during the course of this year."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review