NETHERLANDS: Ahold reports 'disappointing' H1 results
Dutch retail giant Ahold has reported operating income before goodwill and exceptionals of €677m (US$722.8m) for the first half of 2003, down 48.4% from the year-ago period. Operating income before goodwill and exceptional items excluding currency impact fell 38.6% mainly as a result of lower earnings at its US Foodservice unit and certain European retail units, as well as higher audit, legal and consultancy fees, Ahold said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO