NETHERLANDS: Ahold reveals new accounting irregularities at US Tops
Shares in Royal Ahold have taken another hit as the Dutch retailer said it estimated an additional US$29m reduction of pre-tax earnings as a result of internal investigations into accounting irregularities at its US operations. Ahold announced that internal forensic accounting investigations at 14 of its operating and joint venture companies were substantially complete and expected the investigations at the remaining three units to be completed within the next two weeks.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action