NETHERLANDS: Ahold reveals new accounting irregularities at US Tops
Shares in Royal Ahold have taken another hit as the Dutch retailer said it estimated an additional US$29m reduction of pre-tax earnings as a result of internal investigations into accounting irregularities at its US operations. Ahold announced that internal forensic accounting investigations at 14 of its operating and joint venture companies were substantially complete and expected the investigations at the remaining three units to be completed within the next two weeks.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe