NETHERLANDS/USA: Ahold says US probe continues, other personnel may be involved
Troubled Dutch retailer Royal Ahold has said that its investigation into accounting irregularities at its US Foodservice unit is continuing to probe the possible involvement by US Foodservice personnel other than the two individuals identified so far. This latest statement from the beleaguered retailer follows an announcement on Thursday that its probe was "substantially complete" and that two executives, who have since been fired, were responsible for the US$880m overstatement of earnings at its US food distribution subsidiary.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid