WORLD: Ahold set to overtake Carrefour this year
Ahold is expected to overtake Carrefour as the world's No 2 grocery retailer during 2002 and is forecast to extend a €10bn (US$9.8bn) lead over Carrefour by 2004, according to new research from IGD. In 2001, Ahold achieved sales of €66.6bn, up 29% on 2000 and has virtually doubled its sales over the past two years from €32.8bn in 1999.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid