NETHERLANDS: Ahold stands to lose US$500m on Velox losses
Leading Dutch retailer Ahold has confirmed it faces losses as large as US$496m if its joint venture partner Velox Retail Holding fails to come good on its obligations. If Velox Retail Holding, Ahold's Latin American JV partner, defaults on its obligations, Ahold will have to make a payment. Ahold's "maximum contingent liability" in Argentina is US$496.2m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO