NETHERLANDS: Ahold stands to lose US$500m on Velox losses
Leading Dutch retailer Ahold has confirmed it faces losses as large as US$496m if its joint venture partner Velox Retail Holding fails to come good on its obligations. If Velox Retail Holding, Ahold's Latin American JV partner, defaults on its obligations, Ahold will have to make a payment. Ahold's "maximum contingent liability" in Argentina is US$496.2m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat