NETHERLANDS: Ahold steps up presence in Chilean capital Santiago by acquiring 17 stores
Royal Ahold (NYSE: AHO), the international food provider, announced today that its Chilean joint venture operation Santa Isabel has agreed to acquire 100% of the shares of Supermercados Agas S.A. in Chile. A contract has been signed to this effect, conditional among others on due diligence and Board approval.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"