Ahold strengthens European procurement process
Royal Ahold (NYSE:AHO), the international food retail and foodservice company, today announced it is strengthening its European buying process by establishing a formal business unit named Ahold European Sourcing (AES). This unit will generate cost savings of tens of millions of Euros every year. It incorporates procurement specialists from all of Ahold's European companies and will coordinate centralized buying strategy on the continent, where Ahold operates or services more than 6,600 stores in 11 countries with annualized sales of approximately Euro 22 billion.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK sets 20% sugar cut guidelines for food industry