Ahold strengthens European procurement process
Royal Ahold (NYSE:AHO), the international food retail and foodservice company, today announced it is strengthening its European buying process by establishing a formal business unit named Ahold European Sourcing (AES). This unit will generate cost savings of tens of millions of Euros every year. It incorporates procurement specialists from all of Ahold's European companies and will coordinate centralized buying strategy on the continent, where Ahold operates or services more than 6,600 stores in 11 countries with annualized sales of approximately Euro 22 billion.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund