Ahold strengthens European procurement process
Royal Ahold (NYSE:AHO), the international food retail and foodservice company, today announced it is strengthening its European buying process by establishing a formal business unit named Ahold European Sourcing (AES). This unit will generate cost savings of tens of millions of Euros every year. It incorporates procurement specialists from all of Ahold's European companies and will coordinate centralized buying strategy on the continent, where Ahold operates or services more than 6,600 stores in 11 countries with annualized sales of approximately Euro 22 billion.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill