Ahold strengthens European procurement process
Royal Ahold (NYSE:AHO), the international food retail and foodservice company, today announced it is strengthening its European buying process by establishing a formal business unit named Ahold European Sourcing (AES). This unit will generate cost savings of tens of millions of Euros every year. It incorporates procurement specialists from all of Ahold's European companies and will coordinate centralized buying strategy on the continent, where Ahold operates or services more than 6,600 stores in 11 countries with annualized sales of approximately Euro 22 billion.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up