USA: Ahold Successfully Completes Tender Offer for U.S. Foodservice
Royal Ahold, the international food provider, and U.S. Foodservice, America's second-largest broadline foodservice distributor, today announced the successful completion of Ahold's tender offer for all outstanding shares of common stock of U.S. Foodservice.Based on preliminary information provided by the depositary, a total of 100,400,644.68 shares of common stock were validly tendered. This total represents approximately 97.4% of the 103,091,686.49 outstanding shares of common stock. Ahold will accept these shares for payment on Tuesday, April 11, 2000. This share amount includes 11,545,654 shares subject to guarantees of delivery. Ahold's tender offer for U.S. Foodservice, which commenced on March 13, 2000, expired at 12:00 midnight on April 7, 2000.Ahold intends to make prompt payment for the shares of common stock validly tendered pursuant to the tender offer. The company will then merge its wholly-owned acquisition subsidiary into U.S. Foodservice, resulting in U.S. Foodservice becoming a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ahold USA. The merger is expected to close no later than April 12, 2000. As a result of this transaction, Ahold USA will become a USD 30 billion multi-channel food provider servicing over 20 million US households every week through its solid store network, institutional operations and the internet.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review