NETHERLANDS: Ahold - the long-term game - COMMENT (Members)
Ahold is in talks to buy the US' Alliant Foodservice for $2.2 billion. If Ahold is able to take Alliant Foodservice over, it will become the second largest retail operation in the world, overtaking Carrefour. Its recent strong interim results show that the firm's multi-channel strategy seems to be working well, tapping into both supply chain synergies and consumer trends. However, its real strength lies in the long term.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat