NETHERLANDS: Ahold - the long-term game - COMMENT (Members)
Ahold is in talks to buy the US' Alliant Foodservice for $2.2 billion. If Ahold is able to take Alliant Foodservice over, it will become the second largest retail operation in the world, overtaking Carrefour. Its recent strong interim results show that the firm's multi-channel strategy seems to be working well, tapping into both supply chain synergies and consumer trends. However, its real strength lies in the long term.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti