NETHERLANDS/SPAIN:Ahold to acquire Spanish food retailer Superdiplo
Royal Ahold, the international food provider, has signed an agreement with several major shareholders of Spanish food retailer, Superdiplo S.A. to tender their 69% stake in the company to Ahold. In order to complete the transaction, Ahold will conduct a tender offer for all the outstanding shares of Superdiplo. As part of the transaction, Ahold will offer 0.74 of an Ahold common share for each Superdiplo share, representing approximately Euro 24 per Superdiplo share. As Superdiplo has 51 million shares outstanding, the total transaction amounts to approximately Euro 1.25 billion. Upon completion of the Superdiplo transaction, Ahold Spain will operate 530 stores with sales of approximately Euro 2 billion.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch