NETHERLANDS/SPAIN:Ahold to acquire Spanish food retailer Superdiplo
Royal Ahold, the international food provider, has signed an agreement with several major shareholders of Spanish food retailer, Superdiplo S.A. to tender their 69% stake in the company to Ahold. In order to complete the transaction, Ahold will conduct a tender offer for all the outstanding shares of Superdiplo. As part of the transaction, Ahold will offer 0.74 of an Ahold common share for each Superdiplo share, representing approximately Euro 24 per Superdiplo share. As Superdiplo has 51 million shares outstanding, the total transaction amounts to approximately Euro 1.25 billion. Upon completion of the Superdiplo transaction, Ahold Spain will operate 530 stores with sales of approximately Euro 2 billion.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units