NETHERLANDS/SPAIN:Ahold to acquire Spanish food retailer Superdiplo
Royal Ahold, the international food provider, has signed an agreement with several major shareholders of Spanish food retailer, Superdiplo S.A. to tender their 69% stake in the company to Ahold. In order to complete the transaction, Ahold will conduct a tender offer for all the outstanding shares of Superdiplo. As part of the transaction, Ahold will offer 0.74 of an Ahold common share for each Superdiplo share, representing approximately Euro 24 per Superdiplo share. As Superdiplo has 51 million shares outstanding, the total transaction amounts to approximately Euro 1.25 billion. Upon completion of the Superdiplo transaction, Ahold Spain will operate 530 stores with sales of approximately Euro 2 billion.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly