US: Ahold to build meat plant with Vantage Foods
- Ahold to build meat plant in Pennsylvania
- Teams up with Vantage Foods
Dutch retailer Ahold is to team up with US meats firm Vantage Foods on a processing project in Pennsylvania.
Ahold, which owns chains including Stop & Shop and Giant Food in the US, will build a plant in Lower Allen Township in Pennsylvania, state governor Tom Corbett announced today (13 November).
Corbett said the 162,000 square foot plant would create 850 jobs.
Mark McGowan, executive vice president for Ahold USA's supply chain, said the facility was a "significant investment in the future".
Original source: Office of the State Governor of Pennsylvania
We have identified 5 issues that will be crucial to the convenience store format in 2020....
Ahold's exit from its ICA retail venture in Scandinavia and the Baltics looks set to net the Dutch company a cool US$3.4bn - but do not expect the Albert Heijn and Giant Food owner to go on an acquisi...
Dutch retail giant Ahold said the firm has the strength in its balance sheet to consider acquisition opportunities as one way of driving shareholder returns in 2013....
Regional US retailer Harris Teeter has said talks with a number of companies about an acquisition of the group are "ongoing"....
- Deal or no deal: Frozen sale makes sense for Kerry
- On the money: How Greencore is outperforming
- JBS sees big opportunity from Primo Smallgoods
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Regional start-ups aim to ride China's online boom
- Kerry puts frozen food unit on block - reports
- Danone, General Mills, Chobani "mislead parents"
- United Biscuits UK plant to start strike action
- Indofood to buy Danone's Indonesian dairy arm
- Kellogg: Bisco Misr bid part of global leader aim