US: Ahold to build meat plant with Vantage Foods
- Ahold to build meat plant in Pennsylvania
- Teams up with Vantage Foods
Dutch retailer Ahold is to team up with US meats firm Vantage Foods on a processing project in Pennsylvania.
Ahold, which owns chains including Stop & Shop and Giant Food in the US, will build a plant in Lower Allen Township in Pennsylvania, state governor Tom Corbett announced today (13 November).
Corbett said the 162,000 square foot plant would create 850 jobs.
Mark McGowan, executive vice president for Ahold USA's supply chain, said the facility was a "significant investment in the future".
Original source: Office of the State Governor of Pennsylvania
Ahold's exit from its ICA retail venture in Scandinavia and the Baltics looks set to net the Dutch company a cool US$3.4bn - but do not expect the Albert Heijn and Giant Food owner to go on an acquisi...
Dutch retail giant Ahold said the firm has the strength in its balance sheet to consider acquisition opportunities as one way of driving shareholder returns in 2013....
Regional US retailer Harris Teeter has said talks with a number of companies about an acquisition of the group are "ongoing"....
Qatari investment vehicle Hassad Foods has bought a majority stake in Indian food supplier Bush Foods Overseas....
- What next for Nestle under new CEO Schneider?
- Unilever is "working harder" in tough environment
- Nestle catering for an ageing global population
- What post-Brexit trade with the EU could look like
- Hemp food sales in the US set for growth
- Unilever sees growth but spreads decline continues
- Job cuts imminent as General Mills restructures
- Campbell's Soup's sustainable growth strategy
- Arla Foods unveils strategy for growth up to 2020
- Lindt organic sales miss market expectations