NETHERLANDS: Ahold to sell De Tuinen to Holland & Barrett
Dutch retail giant Royal Ahold has announced that it is to sell its De Tuinen stores to US-based nutritional supplements retailer and manufacturer NBTY for €16.5m. Ahold said De Tuinen, which has 65 outlets in the Netherlands, would be purchased by NBTY's UK healthfoods subsidiary Holland & Barrett.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO