NETHERLANDS: Ahold to start food retail operations in Slovakia in November
Ahold (NYSE:AHO), the international food retail and foodservice company, starts service to the Slovakian customer for the first time in November 2001 when it opens its first store in the capital Bratislava. For the start-up and development of activities in Slovakia, the company calls on the knowledge and experience gained at its operations in the Czech Republic. Ahold announces its entry into Slovakia in the week it marks 10 years of operations in the Czech market, making it the Czech consumer's favorite food store.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre