US: Ahold units appoint CFO
Stop & Shop and Giant Food, two of the US supermarket formats owned by Ahold, have appointed a new CFO and executive vice president of human resources.
Paula Price replaces current CFO Jim Rojas who previously announced his plans to leave the company.
Price most recently served as SVP, controller and chief accounting officer for CVS/Caremark Corp and previously held leadership roles at JPMorgan Chase, Prudential Financial, Diageo, Kraft Foods and Sears.
Paula Labian replaces John Bussenger as executive vice president of human resources, who assumed the role on an interim basis.
For the past six years, Labian served as chief human resources officer and global vice president of human resources for organics retailer Whole Foods Market.
"We thank John for ensuring that our greatest resource, our associates, had leadership while a search was in process to fill this critical position," Carl Schlicker, president & CEO of Giant Food, said.
It is a story that is changing by the day but one thing seems certain - Dutch retailer Super de Boer is set to have a new owner. After struggling for much of the 2000s, the business is ending the deca...
In a week when two of the UK's Big Four issued sales numbers, it is perhaps unsurprising that the spotlight should shine on how their respective CEOs see their businesses performing. Away from Tesco a...
Sperwer Group has quashed speculation in the Netherlands that it is looking to co-operate with Jumbo, a rival bidder for Dutch grocer Super de Boer....
Kraft Foods said today (8 October) that it plans to build a EUR15m (US$22.2m) biscuits R&D centre south-west of Paris....
A consumer backlash against the renaming of Vegemite, a spread synonymous with Australia, has led brand-owner Kraft Foods to change the product's name for a second time....
Retail giant Ahold has given backing to local peer Sperwer Group in its bid to buy Dutch retailer Super de Boer....
PepsiCo has appointed Jaya Kumar as president of Quaker Foods & Snacks, which will see him lead the $2 billion operating unit, with a portfolio of brands that includes Quaker hot cereals and Chewy gra...
The Kraft Foods-Cadbury saga continued to dominate the food industry's headlines this week, with news that the UK M&A regulator has given the US food group until 9 November to make a formal offer for ...
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities