US: Ahold units appoint CFO
Stop & Shop and Giant Food, two of the US supermarket formats owned by Ahold, have appointed a new CFO and executive vice president of human resources.
Paula Price replaces current CFO Jim Rojas who previously announced his plans to leave the company.
Price most recently served as SVP, controller and chief accounting officer for CVS/Caremark Corp and previously held leadership roles at JPMorgan Chase, Prudential Financial, Diageo, Kraft Foods and Sears.
Paula Labian replaces John Bussenger as executive vice president of human resources, who assumed the role on an interim basis.
For the past six years, Labian served as chief human resources officer and global vice president of human resources for organics retailer Whole Foods Market.
"We thank John for ensuring that our greatest resource, our associates, had leadership while a search was in process to fill this critical position," Carl Schlicker, president & CEO of Giant Food, said.
It is a story that is changing by the day but one thing seems certain - Dutch retailer Super de Boer is set to have a new owner. After struggling for much of the 2000s, the business is ending the deca...
In a week when two of the UK's Big Four issued sales numbers, it is perhaps unsurprising that the spotlight should shine on how their respective CEOs see their businesses performing. Away from Tesco a...
Sperwer Group has quashed speculation in the Netherlands that it is looking to co-operate with Jumbo, a rival bidder for Dutch grocer Super de Boer....
Kraft Foods said today (8 October) that it plans to build a EUR15m (US$22.2m) biscuits R&D centre south-west of Paris....
A consumer backlash against the renaming of Vegemite, a spread synonymous with Australia, has led brand-owner Kraft Foods to change the product's name for a second time....
Retail giant Ahold has given backing to local peer Sperwer Group in its bid to buy Dutch retailer Super de Boer....
PepsiCo has appointed Jaya Kumar as president of Quaker Foods & Snacks, which will see him lead the $2 billion operating unit, with a portfolio of brands that includes Quaker hot cereals and Chewy gra...
The Kraft Foods-Cadbury saga continued to dominate the food industry's headlines this week, with news that the UK M&A regulator has given the US food group until 9 November to make a formal offer for ...
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- How to win in Australian gluten-free cereal
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights