NETHERLANDS: Ahold warns on 2003 results
Troubled Dutch retail giant Ahold has warned that its 2003 results will be negatively affected by the aftermath of a massive accounting scandal. "The distractions caused by the events surrounding the announcement on February 24, 2003 and the related investigations are expected to have had a negative impact on our business," the company said, after reporting a €4.33bn (US$5.01bn) 2002 net loss under US GAAP accounting standards.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre