NETHERLANDS: Ahold's Dutch foodservice subsidiary Deli XL acquires Belgian market leader
Royal Ahold, the international food provider, today announced its wholly-owned Dutch foodservice subsidiary Deli XL has acquired the prominent Belgian foodservice company Mea-De Wilde-De Loore from the Compass Group plc, the international contract caterers headquartered in the United Kingdom.Mea-De Wilde-De Loore, based in Charleroi, is market leader in Belgium with sales of approximately Euro 100 million. The acquisition boosts Deli XL sales to more than Euro 900 million. The acquisition is fully in line with the multi-channel Ahold strategy of serving customers through food retail, foodservice and e-commerce activities.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant