NETHERLANDS: Ahold's Dutch foodservice subsidiary Deli XL acquires Belgian market leader
Royal Ahold, the international food provider, today announced its wholly-owned Dutch foodservice subsidiary Deli XL has acquired the prominent Belgian foodservice company Mea-De Wilde-De Loore from the Compass Group plc, the international contract caterers headquartered in the United Kingdom.Mea-De Wilde-De Loore, based in Charleroi, is market leader in Belgium with sales of approximately Euro 100 million. The acquisition boosts Deli XL sales to more than Euro 900 million. The acquisition is fully in line with the multi-channel Ahold strategy of serving customers through food retail, foodservice and e-commerce activities.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti