NETHERLANDS: Ahold's Dutch foodservice subsidiary Deli XL acquires Belgian market leader
Royal Ahold, the international food provider, today announced its wholly-owned Dutch foodservice subsidiary Deli XL has acquired the prominent Belgian foodservice company Mea-De Wilde-De Loore from the Compass Group plc, the international contract caterers headquartered in the United Kingdom.Mea-De Wilde-De Loore, based in Charleroi, is market leader in Belgium with sales of approximately Euro 100 million. The acquisition boosts Deli XL sales to more than Euro 900 million. The acquisition is fully in line with the multi-channel Ahold strategy of serving customers through food retail, foodservice and e-commerce activities.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs