SWEDEN: Ahold's ICA announces job cuts
Sweden's largest food retailer ICA said it will launch a cost-cutting programme that will reduce annual costs by SKR150m as part of a larger overhaul of its organisation. ICA, which is 50% owned by the Dutch food giant Ahold , said 120 staff will lose their jobs.ICA managing director Kenneth Bengtsson said that although ICA was heading for its best year ever, the reorganisation of the company was neccessary in order to meet future challanges. "If we are to produce better figures for next year, we will have to cut costs," he said.The restructuring of the ICA group, which will come in effect from Janary 1, 2001, will mean fewer layers of middle-management. More operative responsibilites will be moved further out in the organisation. HQ duties will now be limited to development, strategic planning and follow-up duties, ICA said in a statement.In a separate statement, ICA said October sales rose 1.3% to SKr5.4b (including VAT). From the beginning of the year, sales were up 4.5% to SKr56.3bn. The like-for-like increase in the Janaury to October period was 3.6%, ICA said. October like-for-like sales were virtually unchanged.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Future trends in natural food to go mainstream
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- France eyes leading role in proteins
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bakery (UK) - Industry Report
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements