SWEDEN: Ahold's ICA gets green light for banking operations
Sweden's food retail group ICA Ahold will start offering its ICA card holders bank services this autumn after the Swedish Finance Inspection Board approved its banking charter application. Primarily, the new ICA Bank will offer financial services to its some three million ICA card holders, mainly via the Internet or over the telephone. For some years ICA card holders have been able to hold up to SKr15,000 on their ICA accounts. The deposits have been very popular as they consistently offer higher returns than ordinary commercial banks.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin