NETHERLANDS: Ahold's U.S. foodservice acquires PYA/Monarch
Royal Ahold (NYSE:AHO), the international food provider, yesterday announced that the acquisition of PYA/Monarch by U.S. Foodservice, Royal Ahold's wholly-owned foodservice company in the United States, has been approved by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). The transaction increases Ahold's foodservice sales in the U.S. to approximately USD 12 billion and boosts overall projected Ahold sales in the U.S. to close to USD 35 billion in 2001. Completion of the acquisition is expected in the first week of December.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units