NETHERLANDS: Ahold's U.S. foodservice acquires PYA/Monarch
Royal Ahold (NYSE:AHO), the international food provider, yesterday announced that the acquisition of PYA/Monarch by U.S. Foodservice, Royal Ahold's wholly-owned foodservice company in the United States, has been approved by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). The transaction increases Ahold's foodservice sales in the U.S. to approximately USD 12 billion and boosts overall projected Ahold sales in the U.S. to close to USD 35 billion in 2001. Completion of the acquisition is expected in the first week of December.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs