NETHERLANDS: Ahold's U.S. foodservice acquires PYA/Monarch
Royal Ahold (NYSE:AHO), the international food provider, yesterday announced that the acquisition of PYA/Monarch by U.S. Foodservice, Royal Ahold's wholly-owned foodservice company in the United States, has been approved by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). The transaction increases Ahold's foodservice sales in the U.S. to approximately USD 12 billion and boosts overall projected Ahold sales in the U.S. to close to USD 35 billion in 2001. Completion of the acquisition is expected in the first week of December.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch