NETHERLANDS/USA: Ahold's US Foodservice to acquire Lady Baltimore assets
Ahold's wholly owned foodservice subsidiary in the United States, US Foodservice, today [Thursday] announced it has reached agreement to acquire certain assets and assume certain liabilities of Lady Baltimore Foods, a prominent regional broadline foodservice distributor based in Kansas. The assets involved include Lady Baltimore's net working capital and its goodwill. US Foodservice will extend offers of employment to a number of Lady Baltimore's employees, including a majority of its sales force. The planned transaction is expected to be completed in the third quarter of 2002. It should enable US Foodservice to improve its presence in the large and competitive markets of Kansas City, Kansas, Kansas City, Missouri and St. Louis, Missouri, Ahold said in a press release.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- General Mills issues profit warning