NETHERLANDS/USA: Ahold's US Foodservice to acquire Lady Baltimore assets
Ahold's wholly owned foodservice subsidiary in the United States, US Foodservice, today [Thursday] announced it has reached agreement to acquire certain assets and assume certain liabilities of Lady Baltimore Foods, a prominent regional broadline foodservice distributor based in Kansas. The assets involved include Lady Baltimore's net working capital and its goodwill. US Foodservice will extend offers of employment to a number of Lady Baltimore's employees, including a majority of its sales force. The planned transaction is expected to be completed in the third quarter of 2002. It should enable US Foodservice to improve its presence in the large and competitive markets of Kansas City, Kansas, Kansas City, Missouri and St. Louis, Missouri, Ahold said in a press release.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly