NETHERLANDS/USA: Ahold's US Foodservice to buy Allen Foods
Dutch retail giant Royal Ahold's wholly owned foodservice subsidiary in the United States, US Foodservice, has announced that it has made an agreement to acquire Missouri-based foodservice distributor Allen Foods. Servicing the St. Louis, Kansas City and southern Illinois market, Allen produced food service net sales of approximately US$245m in its most recent fiscal year. The acquisition deal does not include Halben Food Manufacturing Co, which was retained by the Allen shareholders.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations