NETHERLANDS/USA: Ahold's US Foodservice to buy Allen Foods
Dutch retail giant Royal Ahold's wholly owned foodservice subsidiary in the United States, US Foodservice, has announced that it has made an agreement to acquire Missouri-based foodservice distributor Allen Foods. Servicing the St. Louis, Kansas City and southern Illinois market, Allen produced food service net sales of approximately US$245m in its most recent fiscal year. The acquisition deal does not include Halben Food Manufacturing Co, which was retained by the Allen shareholders.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes