EU: Aid given to farmers for rural development may be cut
EU governments may be forced to cut aid for large farms and use the money for additional rural development programmes, the agriculture Commissioner, Dr. Franz Fischler, said today (Tuesday). While efficient production was profitable and created jobs, "in setting aid amounts we can take account of the differences in cost structures between large and small farms," he told an informal meeting of agriculture ministers in Sweden.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth