EU: Aid given to farmers for rural development may be cut
EU governments may be forced to cut aid for large farms and use the money for additional rural development programmes, the agriculture Commissioner, Dr. Franz Fischler, said today (Tuesday). While efficient production was profitable and created jobs, "in setting aid amounts we can take account of the differences in cost structures between large and small farms," he told an informal meeting of agriculture ministers in Sweden.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- ABF sees further grocery revival