UK: Airline food professor promises tastier meals
Professor Peter Jones has been appointed Inflight Catering Association (IFCA) Chair of Production and Operations Management at Surrey University, the first position of its kind.
The world's first professor of airline food says he will use his new position to improve the standard of inflight meals, reports Schools Net.
"I hope that my expertise in operations will bring some useful insights into how the industry may deliver better quality food and service in more effective and efficient ways."
Prof Jones, an expert in hotel management will run courses for the industry but catering undergraduates will also be able to study how to provide hospitality with a smile.
IFCA is sponsoring the post to the tune of £500,000.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast