NORWAY: Airlines refuse to carry whale blubber export, whalers undeterred
The world's major airlines have refused to transport whale products, but Norwegian whalers remain unconcerned, and undeterred in their pursuit of whale meat profits. Despite a global moratorium on commercial whale hunting and the sale of whale meat products, the Norwegian government dropped its ban on whale meat exports in January. Whalers and fishermen under the umbrella of the Høge Nord Alliansen are now waiting for export licences to be issued by the Department of Fisheries.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- ABF sees further grocery revival