JAPAN: Ajinomoto to invest in new R&D centre in China
Seasonings giant Ajinomoto revealed earlier today [Wednesday] that it plans to invest US$2m in setting up a new food research and development (R&D) centre in China. The new R&D centre will be situated in Shanghai, eastern China, and operational by January 2003. Ajinomoto explained that the centre will focus on researching and analysing Chinese food suppliers and products in light of a number of food safety scares in Japan. It will also develop new food products to be marketed in China and across the US.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid