INDIA/NIGERIA: Ajinomoto, Toyo Suisan JV form noodle JVs
Japanese food giant Ajinomoto and noodle maker Toyo Suisan Kaisha have signed deals to form ventures to try to capitalise on the growing markets for instant noodles in India and Nigeria.
Toyo Suisan will own 51% of the Indian venture, while Ajinomoto will hold 51% of the Nigerian business.
Toyo Suisan will being its technical expertise in noodle production to the businesses, which will leverage Ajinomoto's routes-to-market and marketing capabilities in the markets. Ajinomoto entered Nigeria in 1991 with the establishment of the West African Seasoning Co. The company expanded its presence into India in 2003 when it set up Ajinomoto India Pvt. Ltd.
Ajinomoto said the tie-ups would allow it to accelerate growth in these two markets, with instant noodles becoming a growth driver for its established seasonings business. For its part, Toyo Suisan said the joint venture would facilitate its rapid entry into India and Nigeria.
"By coordinating their respective strengths as equal partners, the companies will achieve speedy business expansion into emerging markets with notable growth," the companies said in a memorandum of understanding.
The firms will work together to develop a jointly-owned new brand in each market. The firms expect to commence sales in Nigeria during fiscal 2015 and India by fiscal 2016. Ajinomoto and Toyo Suisan aim to have achieved a 15% market share in each country within the first ten years of operation.
In a separate agreement, Ajinomoto and Toyo Suisan are to establish a venture to expand in the US market for frozen noodles.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Artificial Sweeteners in US$ Thousands by the following Major Product Classes: Aspartame, Acesulfame Potassium, Saccharin, Sucralose, and Others. The rep...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Spices and Seasonings in Million Pounds (lbs). The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Midd...
The report analyzes and presents an overview of Automotive Semiconductors market worldwide. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle...
Sauces are usually used as a dip, a glaze, a filling, and an accompaniment with food. The most common types of sauces used by consumers worldwide are tomato sauce (ketchup), soy sauce, mustard sauce, ...
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- Decision on US dietary advice missed opportunity
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Retail margin management in spotlight
- PepsiCo, Coca-Cola 'battle for stake in Chobani'
- Arla banned from selling skyr yoghurt in Finland
- Kerry eyes more European markets for Cheestrings
- Raisio revamps UK cereal arm, jobs to go
- Earth's Best infant formula line launched in China
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Marks & Spencer Plc in Retailing (United Kingdom)