UAE: Al Islami to create 1,000 jobs with new factory
Al Islami has announced the opening of a new factory
Dubai-based halal-food manufacturer Al Islami Foods has announced it is to open a new processing factory which will create 1,000 jobs.
The firm which produces poultry, snack and seafood products for both the foodservice and retail sectors in GCC, CIS countries and Russia, expects to have the new facility operational early next year.
Al Islami has capitalised on the demand for halal foods, posting year-on-year sales growth of 8% in sales during 2013. Its annual profit of AED15.2m compared with AED9.2m last year. Growing awareness about halal food products in CIS and European countries was cited as the reason for the increase in global sales.
Saleh Saeed Lootah, chairman of Al Islami Foods, said: "While the GCC market showed a marginal increase in terms of food consumption, Al Islami was able to remain profitable by expanding beyond the GCC. Our aggressive marketing push and social media campaign helped raise the awareness levels in the new markets and we are determined to take that awareness to further reinforce our leadership position in the real halal industry."
Al Islami supplies retailers across the GCC including Spinney's, Lulu Hypermarket and Union Co-op.
The firm said it is "in talks with potential partners in developed halal markets such as Malaysia and Indonesia".
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Lactalis submits takeover bid for Arab Dairy
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report