UAE: Al Islami to create 1,000 jobs with new factory
Al Islami has announced the opening of a new factory
Dubai-based halal-food manufacturer Al Islami Foods has announced it is to open a new processing factory which will create 1,000 jobs.
The firm which produces poultry, snack and seafood products for both the foodservice and retail sectors in GCC, CIS countries and Russia, expects to have the new facility operational early next year.
Al Islami has capitalised on the demand for halal foods, posting year-on-year sales growth of 8% in sales during 2013. Its annual profit of AED15.2m compared with AED9.2m last year. Growing awareness about halal food products in CIS and European countries was cited as the reason for the increase in global sales.
Saleh Saeed Lootah, chairman of Al Islami Foods, said: "While the GCC market showed a marginal increase in terms of food consumption, Al Islami was able to remain profitable by expanding beyond the GCC. Our aggressive marketing push and social media campaign helped raise the awareness levels in the new markets and we are determined to take that awareness to further reinforce our leadership position in the real halal industry."
Al Islami supplies retailers across the GCC including Spinney's, Lulu Hypermarket and Union Co-op.
The firm said it is "in talks with potential partners in developed halal markets such as Malaysia and Indonesia".
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019