USA: Albertson's charges Unions with voting irregularities
Albertson's, Inc. (NYSE: ABS) announced its intention to join Safeway's lawsuit charging that the United Food and Commercial Workers unions have engaged in blatant "voting irregularities" in connection with the Safeway and Albertson's offer for a new labor contract. Albertson's decided to join the Safeway lawsuit after thoroughly reviewing the numerous statements describing voting irregularities. These credible employee allegations create genuine concern about the fairness and accuracy of this election process. To ensure that all employees have a fair opportunity to vote on this contract, Albertson's will join Safeway in asking the Court to require a mail ballot.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units