USA: Albertson's charges Unions with voting irregularities
Albertson's, Inc. (NYSE: ABS) announced its intention to join Safeway's lawsuit charging that the United Food and Commercial Workers unions have engaged in blatant "voting irregularities" in connection with the Safeway and Albertson's offer for a new labor contract. Albertson's decided to join the Safeway lawsuit after thoroughly reviewing the numerous statements describing voting irregularities. These credible employee allegations create genuine concern about the fairness and accuracy of this election process. To ensure that all employees have a fair opportunity to vote on this contract, Albertson's will join Safeway in asking the Court to require a mail ballot.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review