USA: Albertsons expands Internet grocery shopping
US grocery retailer Albertsons has announced the expansion of its online grocery service, Albertsons.com, to people living in the Salt Lake City area.
Albertsons said the website is now accepting orders, and deliveries will begin Wednesday to 60 Salt Lake City area zip codes. With this expansion, Albertsons said its online grocery shopping service now serves eleven major US metropolitan areas.
With Albertsons' online shopping, customers can choose to have groceries delivered to their home or office within a prescheduled 90-minute window, or pick up their pre-paid, pre-packed groceries at an Albertsons store. A total of 33 neighbourhood stores in the Salt Lake City area will offer the pick-up service.
The on-again, off-again sale of Albertsons has given retail analysts pause for thought. In the age of deep discounts yet selective extravagance, what must a midmarket grocer do to prosper? David Rober...
With the takeover battle for the US's number two supermarket, Albertsons, stepping up a gear, the rival factions should consider the fate of a recent food industry merger in the UK before committing t...
According to a report by the Associated Press, Cerberus Capital Management has said that Robert Miller will take on responsibility for the remaining Albertsons stores in the role of Albertsons' CEO on...
The sale of retail group Albertson's to SUPERVALU, CVS, and a consortium led by Cerberus Capital has cleared regulatory approval by the FTC following the expiry of the pre-merger waiting period requir...
Sold food store Albertsons has bowed out of 2005 with total yearly sales of US$40.4bn compared to $39.8bn last year and a comparable store sales increase of 0.4%....
A consortium consisting of Supervalu Inc., CVS Corporation and an investment group led by Cerberus Capital Management, L.P., has agreed to acquire Albertsons, Inc., the food and drug stores group, for...
Talks surrounding the takeover of Albertsons Inc have broken down, according to a US press report....
The Israel-America Chamber of Commerce has established a food, beverages, and consumable committee to help Israeli food companies market their products in the US....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review