USA: Albertson's expands online service with Web shopping in the Southland
US grocer Albertson's Inc has expanded its online grocery delivery service this week to consumers in Los Angeles, Orange and Riverside counties, and the company says it is using a strategy to ensure it does not incur the infamous losses of other e-tailers. Analysts have argued that bricks and mortar grocers are more likely to be able to work an online service profitably because of the infrastructures already in place, the warehouses and order pickers, for example.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs