USA: Albertson's, Inc., reports 2000 fourth quarter earnings per share of $0.60 before merger-related costs
Albertson's, Inc. (NYSE:ABS), one of the nation's largest food and drug retailing companies, yesterday reported sales of $9.5 billion and diluted earnings per share before merger-related costs of $0.60 for the thirteen-week quarter ended February 1, 2001. On a comparable thirteen-week basis, identical store sales were flat and comparable store sales (which include replacement stores) increased 0.3%. Total sales for the thirteen-week quarter decreased 3.6% when compared to last year's fourteen-week quarter. Total sales for the quarter increased 3.9% when compared on a thirteen-week basis to the same quarter last year and excluding sales from divested stores.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations